Thursday, November 12, 2009

Get out your calendars

I'm a planner for those of you that done already know. And, I'm a busy person with lots of things in my life to juggle (as I'm sure most of you are as well). I'm trying to get my schedule together for Christmastime. Yes, I know we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet, but December days are filling up fast.

I know that we are planning to have our Christmas get together at Aunt B's, but how about we toss out some ideas for the date and maybe even the time. Are we planning to do a gift exchange like last year? I thought it was a lot of fun and I actually already have my gift, so I'm hoping other people are up for it as well. :)

I was thinking about an idea to celebrate being thankful on Thanksgiving. And, thinking of how to make it fun. Does anyone have any ideas? My idea is to have everyone write at least one unique thing specific to them and not a general thing that they are thankful for on a piece of paper without their name and then have them read and everyone try to guess who wrote it.

So, get out those calendars and lets start talking about when we get to see each other!

much love from my house to yours,
dana

1 comment:

O' wiseone said...

Dahling!!!
I am wit you. I think the idea for Thanksgiving would be wonderful! I beleive it is time to establish some family traditions & that would be a good one! As for Christmas, I am up for suggestions for all the above & even for menu ideas. Do we want to stay traditional or try something different? I would like to have Christmas close to the real time for Christmas, but realize it will need some leeway. I did think about maybe killing 2 birds with one stone & have it Dec. 31st to celebrate the New Year with those we love, but I didn't know if any or everyone had plans for that evening too. So, we'll get to discuss it in just a few days & I can't wait!!! I also wanted to say how sorry I was about your uncle Dale. I know how sad you must be. Do you see even more, how we must share the gospel even if they don't particularly seem like they want to hear? We never know when someone really needs it or needs to be reminded of God's love & help in times of trouble. I love you. Aunt "B"