Monday, November 2, 2009

How I love our SEEEESTER!!!

I just happened to click on the Pierce family blog, and was so thrilled that someone had actually posted something. It has been a long dry spell, I guess Facebook has had something to do with it. I believe a major part of us are on Facebook and can keep up with what is going on.

Pierce is truly a Pierce. He loves wheels under his butt, and wants the steering wheel at all possible times. I had taken him to the hospital when Will was born. He was not allowed to visit, due to the H1N1 virus, so we were waiting in my car for Mikie and Charlotte to come and get him so I could go see Kristi and the sweet new little baby Will. I put Pierce in my lap, in the driver's seat, and he grabbed the wheel, started trying to turn it and went "BRRRRRRRRRR", just like a true "Pierce". I said out loud to myself "Daddy, I wish you could meet this baby".
Mikie's Daddy- Mr. Mikell takes the grandsons out for a ride on his golf cart when they visit, and he has to ride Pierce around and around and around. He sits in Mr. Mikell's lap at all times, and if Mr. Mikell stops, Pierce grabs the steering wheel and tries to make it go again. He is truly "Just the sweetest thing ever"!!

Kristi had Will with very little sweat or effort it seems. In the picture of her holding Will after he was born, her makeup is still perfect. Will is a little fat boy, a beautiful boy with dark hair, blue eyes and fat cheeks, just like some of his aunts and his Mamaw.

I too am looking forward to seeing everyone and had called Martha today to see what the arrangements might be. How I wish she would ANSWER HER PHONE!!!!! I called the office, not the cell, cause that is the only phone she will ever answer. I also called Mary Beth, Momma and you know nobody wanted to talk, or I just couldn't find them.

I am going to Lexington to check on the boys tomorrow, and fix supper. They will be graduating within the next few years and then we will be remembering the days of these suppers. Life changes, I thank the good Lord above that it never gets dull though.

It does seem that the older you get the more you reflect, I don't know why, cause I am busier now than ever. I guess it is because that when you have a full life, you have alot of memories to think about. I can only guess what Momma thinks about, with all of her little lambs and grand lambs.

I love all of you and can't wait to see you soon, Susan

2 comments:

dana said...

loved your post, Aunt Sue. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. xoxo, dana

O' wiseone said...

It did my heart good to see your post. Bein's we is the oldest, I guess we'll have to keep this thing going to. My how I love reading your words. Almost as good as seeing you. Love you bunches..Seester